Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hate Speech Isn't Real (2nd Edition) | Change My Mind



Hate Speech Isn't Real (2nd Edition) | Change My Mind

Spooksville Scoob
I was literally raised with "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." And I didn't realize how important that lesson was to be instilled in kids. This is what happens when you teach people that hurt feelings and subjective negative emotional reactions are violence.

Ultimately, the responsibility for action lies with the person committing the act, so long as it is not directed by a call for action.

Passing the responsibility (a constant theme in currentyear) to someone's "hateful rhetoric" as somehow a direct cause is removing personal responsibility from the person who actually DID the violent action.

The concept of legal hatespeech is the beginning of the end of a society. It's just speech control wrapped in virtue, people. I know I'm preaching to the choir here on Crowder's page, but that's ALL it is. It will eventually be abused, and probably much sooner than later, against they very people crying out for it.

P.s. I want to wife up that Russian gal. 

<3 br="">
Related:

The Court held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless that speech is "directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action."
Supreme Court unanimously reaffirms: There is no ‘hate speech’ exception to the First Amendment: 

http://trumpisright.blogspot.com/search?q=hate+speech