Sunday, December 24, 2017

YOUNG TURKS’ UYGUR ONCE CALLED WOMEN GENETICALLY ‘FLAWED’ FOR NOT SLEEPING WITH HIM - Cenk Uygur Goofed Big Time and Should Resign

“I had not yet matured and I was still a conservative…” progressive figure claims in response to damning remarks


Young Turks founder Cenk Uygur apologized Thursday after demeaning comments aimed at women were discovered on an old blog.
As reported by TheWrap, the posts, first made in the early 2000s, were discovered archived online after reportedly being deleted by Uygur a decade ago.
In one entry from 2000, Uygur, distraught by a lack of sex while in Miami, claimed women were genetically “flawed.”
“It seems like there is a sea of tits here, and I am drinking in tiny droplets. I want to dive into the whole god damn ocean,” Uygur wrote. “Obviously, the genes of women are flawed. They are poorly designed creatures who do not want to have sex nearly as often as needed for the human race to get along peaceably and fruitfully.”
In another post entitled “Rules of Dating,” Uygur asserted that he would reject a female if he was unable to feel her breasts by the third date.
“Women, ignore these at your peril. Rule 1: There must be some serious making out by the third date,” Uygur said. “If I haven’t felt your tits by then, things are not about to last much longer. In fact, if you don’t get back on track by the fourth date, you’re done.”
Another rule from Uygur also demanded that there “must be orgasm by the fifth date.”
The progressive icon even recounted a Mardi Gras trip in which he “felt countless breasts.”
“I had one of the best nights of my life at Mardi Gras,” Uygur recalled. “I kissed over 23 different women, saw and felt countless breasts, and was in a wonderful drunken stupor thanks to my friend John Daniels.”
In response to the discovery of his blog, Uygur described his previous content was “ugly” and “insensitive.”
“The stuff I wrote back then was really insensitive and ignorant,” Uygur told TheWrap. “If you read that today, what I wrote 18 years ago, and you’re offended by it, you’re 100 percent right. And anyone who is subjected to that material, I apologize to. And I deeply regret having written that stuff when I was a different guy.”
Uygur also claimed that he held such viewpoints because he was “still a conservative” at the time.
“If someone said that today, I would heavily criticize them on the show and rightfully so, and I have. I’ve criticized myself over the years,” Uygur said. “I had not yet matured and I was still a conservative who thought that stuff was politically incorrect and edgy. When you read it now, it looks really, honestly, ugly. And it’s very uncomfortable to read.”
TheWrap also noted that Uygur’s blog mentioned a time in which David Koller, who now serves as senior vice president of operations at the Young Turks, called underage girls “whores in training.”
While Uygur claims that his views towards women have changed, a former employee speaking to TheWrap said the liberal media personality still makes women uncomfortable.
“Cenk is just a knucklehead. He’s a boy. He talks about women the way I talked when I was 13,” said the former employee, who asked to remain anonymous. “He’s obsessed with body count — basically how many people you f—ed. This is an important number to him.”
The revelation concerning Uygur comes as countless progressive figures, many who have repeatedly and vocally made known their alleged support of women, have been accused of sexual harassment and abuse.